SOLVED Cursor jumps back to the beginning

Reaction score
When I am editing or looking through my photos the cursor jumps back to the beginning of the album I am viewing. It is very frustrating as I then have to find the file number I was working on. How can I prevent this from happening?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Carole,

Welcome to the Forum.

The issue you have raised may be occurring because of a known issue when you have a Desktop theme and Accent color selected.

If that is the case you can disable the Accent color by deselecting a color, and/or increase the time between theme refreshing.

These can be adjusted via Start > Settings cog > Personalization > Background and Color and Theme

You may also be using a third party slideshow application and if that is the case you would need to check its settings and adjust as necessary to prevent folder refreshed which can upset your cursor position.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Carole,

Welcome to the Forum.

The issue you have raised may be occurring because of a known issue when you have a Desktop theme and Accent color selected.

If that is the case you can disable the Accent color by deselecting a color, and/or increase the time between theme refreshing.

These can be adjusted via Start > Settings cog > Personalization > Background and Color and Theme

You may also be using a third party slideshow application and if that is the case you would need to check its settings and adjust as necessary to prevent folder refreshed which can upset your cursor position.

Regards,

Regedit32
Thank you. I have stopped the slideshow that was on my display screen and it seems to have solved the problem.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for replying Carole.

It's unfortunate that these theme options seem to interfere with general tasks. Hopefully, Microsoft can one day resolve that. In the meanwhile you can use these themes but will have to turn it off when you are wanting to peruse folders without the hassle of that cursor jump.

Ask a Question