SOLVED Daily Challenge Gone

Reaction score
Hi first time here, but the issue is after computer done an auto update all our daily challengers have disapeared

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi robman,

Welcome to the Forum.

The daily challenges you are referring to — do you mean in Microsoft's Solitaire Collection, or are you referring to something else?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Note If you don't normally sign in to Solitaire, uninstalling the app will erase all of your games and progress. However, if you sign in to Solitaire before you uninstall, all your data will be saved in the cloud, and any saved games will not be lost when you uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection. You'll be able to pick up where you left off in any game you're currently playing.

1. On the Start screen, swipe in from the right edge (or, if you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer up), select Search, and then enter Microsoft Solitaire Collection in the search box.
  2. Press and hold (or right-click) the app tile, and the select Uninstall.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Press Windows Key + R.
  5. In the Open box, type wsreset.exe, and then press Enter. The Windows Store will open so you can reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

Reaction score
Um since the auto update the old start screen has gone as well so dont quite know how to go about that now, also not that computer savvy as you might have guessed.Can you walk me thru that please.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Are you able to post a screen shot of your desktop?

Do you see a taskbar at bottom of screen with the Microsoft flag on the far left?

Regedit32

Reaction score
That flag is your Start

Click that then continue with instructions given in previous post.

Reaction score
You could try resetting the MS collection also?

Click the star icon and select the settings (The cogwheel you see on the left)
Click the item "Apps & Features"
Scroll down the list, and, if you can see The MS Solitaire collection, click it and select "Advanced options"
In the nest window, select "Reset"

Reaction score

Scroll down the list, and, if you can see The MS Solitaire collection, click it and select "Advanced options"
Hi Dave, yeah but that will not reinstall it back to my task bar will it ?, and wont it erase all the progress my wife has done so far, underline wife here ha ha. She loves these games.

Reaction score
Reinstall it back to the taskBar?

You do that manually. Right click the and select "more" and then the option. Yes. It will remove all the data.
But, Go to
C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Copy the whole of this folder somewhere safe. When you have completed the "reset", put it back again.

No guarantee, but it has worked several times for me.

Reaction score
Reinstall it back to the taskBar?

You do that manually. Right click the and select "more" and then the option. Yes. It will remove all the data.
But, Go to
C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Copy the whole of this folder somewhere safe. When you have completed the "reset", put it back again.

No guarantee, but it has worked several times for me.
Thanks for all your help but beyond me.
So anyway i typed into the cortana search thing at the bottom left of my screen and got it up that way.
All progress in games still intact.
Wifes happy so i will just leave it like that so thanks again.
Rob

Reaction score

That flag is your Start

Click that then continue with instructions given in previous post.
Thanks for all the help as i was saying to dave in the other post i will just do the search thing so all good.
Rob

Regedit32

Reaction score
When you searched and the Solitaire Collection appeared in search results:
  • If you right-click on it you can choose pin to taskbar

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help as i was saying to dave in the other post i will just do the search thing so all good.
Rob
Thanks for the feedback, Rob. Can you go to the top of this thread, where you first posted, and mark it as "Solved"

My suggestion was, however, a first class way of keeping a backup of your solitaire progress. I go through the procedure, whenever I am doing some dangerous experiments.

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, Rob. Can you go to the top of this thread, where you first posted, and mark it as "Solved"

My suggestion was, however, a first class way of keeping a backup of your solitaire progress. I go through the procedure, whenever I am doing some dangerous experiments.
Awesome thanks for all the help

Ask a Question