Date and Time formats

Reaction score
My multiple computers running Windows 10 have just automatically readjusted the time and date formats to general US formats. I am in New Zealand and time zone setting is still for this. The date and time setting do not allow me to go back to my original NZ setting of d/mm/yy for short date as I only get the option of d-MMM-yyyy or m/d/yy which is throwing all of the dates in my Access programmes out. All previously entered dates are now totally out as, for example if I had entered 29/7/15 I now get 7/15/2029!! can we get back to the usual date formats for this part of the world?

Reaction score
check your Settings - Time & Language -

look for : 'Change date and time formats' (above - Related settings)

opening that, do you have the options to change the settings in there ?

Change date & time formats.jpg

if that's not possible, try :
Control Panel - (Category) Clock, Language and Region or (Large Icons) Region

Formats Tab : shows more options for date & time formats

Reaction score
Have already tried those but formats available are now all fixed and US formats not NZ ie d/mm/yy. It was OK a few hours ago believe it or not so may have had some kind of update that changed my settings!

Reaction score
Thanks BretWin10 - I found I could overtype the date format in Control Panel/Clock, language and region/Region/Change date, time or number format. Didn't seem to be able to do it under setting however.
Regards

Reaction score
Whatever country you have set , in your case NZ, the formats should (?) be available.
Did you try ticking the Short date option. It should show
upload_2015-8-25_11-39-13.png

I also have a cross region DateTime complication, as, English, I live in Denmark. But I have not seen that problem.

Reaction score
Thanks Dave, when I set NZ as Country none of those formats came up for me, only the US style ones with MM first generally. Went down further into the formatting options under customizing formats after advanced settings and managed to type in my desired format, same as what came up on your list. Not sure what happened in my case and may rest the country as Australia and see what happens.

Ask a Question