SOLVED DCOM warning, what would you do?

Reaction score
I just got the warning message below. It popped up when I was running the mmc.exe and checking the Component Services. What would you do. Since I think the AppID is referring to part of the networking software I will probably allow it to be registered.

Thanks..

DCOM error.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
igfxSDK.exe looks to be the Software Developers Kit for an Intel Graphics card / controller.
Did you install the Developers Kit for some reason?

Reaction score
No, I did not knowingly install it. Since it is a Developers Kit I may not need to register it so I will wait. No other message shows up regarding this outside of the Component Services plug-in.

Maybe it has something to do with the "For developers" options in the Settings.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm guessing if you click Yes, the next time you access mmc.exe the same error message will pop up.

The best way to record that is to take the {037E7077-9B9C-9A6E-B2724BC99F76} and modify the AppID's string value to include this id.

Of course, its always possible that Microsoft did finally fix their alert and clicking yes will do this too :rolleyes: but that particular gremlin has been around for years.

Reaction score
I haven't clicked yes yet but I may or I might just not open the Component Services again :) I could probably check the registry and see if anything is added if I decide to accept the message.

I did see an error in Event Viewer referring to the ShellServiceHost which was a 10016, Local Activation permission. That error stopped on both of my systems and I have not seen one since the 10th on either machine. Maybe the cumulative update repaired that problem.

Reaction score
I went ahead and let it register the AppID and things seem to be back to normal. An AppID for that entity is present in the registry and the message did not pop up when I reopened the Component Services panel.

Ask a Question