SOLVED Dealing with a stange pop up

Reaction score
Setting up my new desktop and running into some weird things.

This problem did not occur on the first two days, but started today.

After extracting zip files, i place the zip folder in the trash and I'm getting this pop up. but this time it wasn't a zip file. This Fences was a regular exe file. Something has apparently happened to make this start but I have no clue what it could be.

Attachments

• Remove item in desktop.PNG
    Remove item in desktop.PNG
    10 KB · Views: 407
Reaction score
Yes, I tried the Google sync deal, didn't know what I was doing and looks like I have this mess as a result. As to why I don't just click remove, I do remove it and it just keeps coming back. How do I stop Google drive from syncing my desktop?

Reaction score
Is there some kind of conspiracy surrounding this Google Drive? All I want to do is shut off the backup and syncing of my desktop. I can't seem to find a switch and I've searched and Googled myself to death. I've posted in the Google Drive forum but no answers yet. I've found that they aren't normally very quick about answering.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open Chrome, sign on to your gmail account and click the icon that looks like a box of 9 square smaller boxes and select Gdrive from the apps menu, then click the Settings cog top right and click settings from that menu and look at the section marked "Offline"

Reaction score
What does this section "offline" do? It doesn't say anything about deactivating syncing.

Reaction score
Generally "Offline" means some functions can't do their job such as the sync, stops the process, makes it unavailable. One would have to change it back to Online to make it function correctly.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There is a link..... right there.... "Learn More", which should explain it to you.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
The text that tells you that you need to update your preferences is actually a link. If you click that link it will likely take you through to the setting were you can update your preferences.