SOLVED Defender acting strangely ?

Reaction score
hi there, everyday now my defender shows it needs attention...whenever i turn laptop on there is a red cross on virus and threat protection...i run a scan... it always picks up 1 threat...i click on see threat details but then says no current threats yet above is the 1 threat found ? i go into full history and find a few times for each day there is a Hacktool:Win32/AutoKMS.. it tells me to scan and remove offline.... i do this...on turning pc back on all is good but this happens again.so i try to get latest definitions with windows update but my history shows there has been no updates for a whole week yet i have the settings set to auto check for updates. i also try it manually.... the one update that has been constantly popping up is for KB2267602. It prepares to install but never does ....so i,m obviously not recieving that update ?
i have run the sfc /scannow but theres no problems there,
so i run the DISM and got the log in a shared folder in one drive.the link is https://1drv.ms/u/s!AorQg9MbzxVOknlL_IUr7_UrcLAW

any help would be greatly appreciated as i,m going round in circles here..... cheers.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You've already been warned by @Regedit32 that the reason you are getting this error is because you are using illegal software to patch games/apps to use them without paying for them. If you're using cracks, we're not going to help, as someone has to work to create that software. Many cracks are laden with malware, so it's not a surprise that Defender picks up a problem.

If you remove these cracks, then we can help. Please don't post any more threads on this until you remove any cracks from your PC.

I'm closing this thread until they have been removed.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've re-opened this thread now, so we can try and help you remove the crack/hacking tool.

Has Windows defender quarantined the file? Also, do you have the path of the Hacktool:Win32/AutoKMS detection?

Reaction score
hi there, the hacking tool is quarantined but doesnt seem to make any difference as its detected each day and i clean it from system and it detects it again some time later. how do i find out the path of the hacktool?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Phant0m2017,

Apologies for the warning. I understand you have informed Ian that you are not using this tool and as a result this thread has been re-activated so we can help you.

To get the full path of the quarantined file:
  • In your search/Cortana field type Defender
  • In the search results click on Windows Defender Security Center
  • In the window that opens click on Virus threat & protection
  • On the next screen click on Scan history
  • On the next screen below Quarantined threats click See full history
  • On the next screen locate your identified threat: Hacktool:Win32/AutoKMS then click the drop arrow next to it. Now click See details
Sample images:

sample1.png

After clicking See details you will see the following:

sample1a.png

Grab the full path and provide it to Ian as requested.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
hi there, i,m not sure what has happened but when i acted upon another post i made at the same time as this it seems to have solved the issue !!! i had a yellow triangle in device manager with the multimedia controller....when the person who replied asked me to download drivermax and get the driver update the problem stopped ....i could not get the driver update in device manager . i dont understand it but the problem has gone !

Ask a Question