delayed internet

Reaction score
I have win 10 on dell laptop. My problem is when I boot, it comes up like it is supposed to. I have the set up with Google Chrome, but I do not have internet service until 30 seconds later. It does not matter which browser I use it is the same thing. If I remove the browser it comes up and I have 30 seconds to wait until boot is completed. I know when internet is up I can tell by the Icon on task bar is up to normal. When it not normal the non internet programs run fine, after 30 sec I can use the internet. It makes no difference which browser I use, always the same. It is annoying, I am used booting up and go, no waiting.
Does any body have a fix for this! Otherwise it is rnning fine,
Kas

Reaction score
How do you connect to the internet - via router or directly?
Do you have DSL or broadband?

Reaction score
What antivirus are you running. I got rid of AVG for the same reasons. That is, boot slowed to a crawl.
Laptops are not know for speed when it comes to booting. I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 7, after entering my log In password, it takes 45 seconds before it connects with the Internet. Some say that if you run msconfig in the elevated (Admin) mode, select "Boot" tab > Advanced Options and mark the check box for "Select maximum memory" it will improve the boot start-up time. It didn't make any difference on my Laptop running Win 7 OS

Reaction score
Good point Norton. AV OR a slow download of this days Defender database could appear to delay startup things for a minute or two.

I would run Task manager and look at the order that things come up. For example my PC takes 30 seconds until Dashlane comes up for me to enter my master password.

Reaction score
Good point Norton. AV OR a slow download of this days Defender database could appear to delay startup things for a minute or two.

I would run Task manager and look at the order that things come up. For example my PC takes 30 seconds until Dashlane comes up for me to enter my master password.

I don't know anything or use Windows Defender, maybe the scheduled periodic scan is on start-up?
If Defender isn't turned off (Periodic Scan) and your running another 3rd party AV program I would expect it would cause conflict between the competing AV programs and also slow down your PC.

Ask a Question