SOLVED Delete Everything Except Win-10

Reaction score
I'm donating my laptop and want to delete everything, programs and files, except Windows 10. Searching this forum turned up nothing, and I don't trust any non-Microsoft results from Internet search engines. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Reaction score
I would use the advanced start up and Reset your Laptop. When you enter the Reset feature you are given an option to keep all my files or delete everything. Delete everything, personal files, music, photographs. It will leave your PC as a factory reset would.
To Reset Go to Settings > Update and Security > Recovery. When you enter the Recovery mode you will see the option "Reset" I would create a disk image on an external drive, you can always delete the image at a later date if you have no further need for it.

Reaction score
When I did this I reloaded W10 from media telling it to keep nothing at all. The pc itself was already in Microsoft's database as having W10 so there was no need for activation. But I really did not want any traces lurking in the registry or anywhere of previous ownership.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
It wont show anything at all as reset to how it was when you first received it from new

Ask a Question