Delete windows 10 upgrade asssistant

Reaction score
Really annoying, windows 10 launches its upgrade assistant every few days as soon as it gets online. I kill it with task manager and uninstall it, and it goes back after a few days. How do i completely kill it, remove it, uninstall it? And no, i choose when or should i like to update windows at all, hate forced updates. I really havent any interest in creator upgrade, or any of those funny names they come up with. I use the now unsupported win10 summer 2015 build and wont update. I use windows for a few pc games that i play and like, and havent the slightest interest in any recent windows 10 updates. Any solutions, other than getting a mac, reverting to other windows, and such?

Reaction score
Have you tried Task Manager, Startup tab and disable it rather than uninstall? Sometimes leaving a program installed but disabled at start up will prevent the reinstall.

Getting a Mac doesn't always relieve the updates and you can count on twice to three times the price compared to a similar Windows machine. I have a MacBook Pro [their Operating System is now called macOS instead of Mac OS X].

Reaction score
with the task manager, it has a update notifier. is that the upgrade assistant? disabled it. Thank you. Threr a way to completely remove it hovewer? i removed cortana and the win10 store, and like to get rid of this as well.

Last edited:
Reaction score
upgrade assistant popped up again, how do i completely rip this out from win10. I removed cortana, edge, the windows 10 store and the xbox app, should be a way to also remove this annoying upgrade assistant.

Ask a Question