deleted admin account

Reaction score
need help here i can't open my pc because i accidentally deleted the admin account...try to restore it, reset it, and even go back to early version of my windows (w7),but evrytime i did all of that the pc ask me to log in as admin to make changes....can any one pls help me.....

Reaction score
You may need to use partitioning software and format your partition before you can recover. I've never been in your position, so I don't know the exact steps you would need to take.

Do you have recovery media, system recovery partition, or Windows installation media?

Reaction score
nope dont have any of those ..ijust upgrade my pc to windows 10 do know where i could get windows installation media for w10 pro?

Reaction score
That is easy,

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
The media creation tool can be used to upgrade your current PC to Windows 10 or to create a USB or DVD and install Windows 10 on a different PC.
The tool will give you a few options as to how you want to use the download.

Two options for what you are needing:
  1. I suggest downloading and saving as an ISO. Then you can burn the ISO to disk (assuming you have a DVD writer).
  2. Or if you prefer using a USB (maybe you don't have a DVD drive) download the media to a USB Stick.

Reaction score
i prefer using usb..the problem is i dont know how to download the media to usb stick what tools do i need to move it to usb do i need to use sumthing like power iso or daemon tools? pls guide me with this problem.. thank you so much

Reaction score
there are two ways to reset your forgotten password, depending on if you are using a Microsoft live account, or non-Microsoft Local User log on,
both are covered in 'How to Reset Your Forgotten Password in Windows 10' :- http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

there is also a tutorial in 'Windows 10: Create a Password Reset Disk' :- http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37372/~/windows-10:-create-a-password-reset-disk

these may be of some help

Reaction score
The link I provided has a download for the media builder that will format the USB stick for you. Just use the tool. But try the links BretWin10 posted first, you may not need to reinstall Windows.

Reaction score
my problem is not this acer i use, will this work in my desk top? all i know about my desk top is the mother board foxconn sorry for my bad english..and thank you ..

Reaction score
there are two ways to reset your forgotten password, depending on if you are using a Microsoft live account, or non-Microsoft Local User log on,
both are covered in 'How to Reset Your Forgotten Password in Windows 10' :- http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

there is also a tutorial in 'Windows 10: Create a Password Reset Disk' :- http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37372/~/windows-10:-create-a-password-reset-disk

these may be of some help
hey men tnx a lot its now on 50% resetting. creating a password rest disk really helps...

Reaction score
I wanted to download a program to open a rar file. System requested to enter admin account which I miss spelled. It did not let me make the correction. So I added another account. I made that new account the admin then removed the other one. I restarted and lost all my data. I assumed them to be still on the hard disk. Searching the hard disk got me nothing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I made that new account the admin then removed the other one. I restarted and lost all my data.
I assume that would depend on how you "removed the other one"
Check C:\Users\TheOldUserName and see if that directory is still there.
Typically when you delete a user, using Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage another account -> Delete the account....
You are prompted with "Do you want to keep UserName's files" where you can respond with one of three buttons Delete Files, Keep Files or Cancel

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question