SOLVED deleted printer

Reaction score
hello , its probably as i am way to old for all this fandangled stuff to understand , but i deleted my printer so i could add a new one, but it comes out there is a job printing now (35) and it wont allow me to install, i have tried online to find a solution but i honestly cant understand how to delete the document i am printing as i have deleted the printer from my computer so dont have the icon in printers to go and cancel print , i hope i have explained myself , i have a new computer acer predator windows 10 ,,, please help me young ones

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

Occasionally files get stuck in the Printer queue, and hence that error, 'there is a job printing now'.

This can be resolved by entering the following three commands into a elevated command prompt like so:
  • Press your Winkey + X
  • Press A or with your mouse select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • If prompted press Y or click Yes
You will now see the Administrator: Command Prompt console and the prompt C:\WINDOWS\System32>
  • At this prompt type or copy & paste the first command:
net stop spooler
  • Press your Enter key to execute the above command.
  • Next type or copy & paste the second command:
del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\* /Q /F /S
  • Press Enter key to execute the above command.
  • Finally, enter the third command:
net start spooler
  • Press Enter key to execute the above command
  • Now type Exit then press Enter key to close the Administrator: Command Prompt console
If you have any troubles following the above, let me know, and I will attach a file for you to download and run which will do the above steps automatically for you.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
AN Update for Others following this Thread (If you have any suggestions for Robert please contribute)

OK so the basic details first.
  • Robert has a Ricoh 213sfnw printer and an Installation Disk that came with it.
  • It was previously installed on his computer
  • His printer was disconnecting a lot so he deleted the Printers icon you'd normally see when you go to Control Panel | Printers & Devices. I assume he was attempting to remove / uninstall printer by doing this.
  • He's tried reinstalled the Printer and during this process there is a standard option to click Network Quick Install. This is Ricoh's recommended method for installing his printer. When he does this though he at some point gets an error along the lines of, ' There is a job printing now (35) '.

So based on this information we tried my suggestion via an elevated command prompt to stop the spooler service, delete the queued items from the Sytem32\Sool\Printers folder, then restart the Spool service.

Robert managed to do this with no issue, but on attempting then to reinstall the Printer software the same error referring to ' There is a job printing now (35) ' reappeared.

Next I got Robert to try the following:
  • In the search box (bottom left corner next to Start button) type Control Panel then press Enter key
  • In the window that opens in the top right of window next to View by: select Large icons
  • Now click Devices and Printers
  • Now double click your Ricoh printer. There ought to be an option to cancel documents in queue
This according to Ricoh's documentation for installing his printer is a resolution when such an error appears. Unfortunately though this icon is no longer present as Robert had all ready deleted this.

So Next I considered had he somehow in the process of removing his printer left behind its drivers, and had they at some point become corrupted. Could this be interfering with his attempt to reinstall the Printer?

I got Robert to try the following to eliminate that as a possibility:
  • In the search box type printui /s /t2 then press Enter key
  • This will open the Print Server Properties window. Select your Ricoh printer, then click Remove button
  • Restart computer
  • Now try installing the Ricoh printer again using that Network Quick Install option

On doing this he found three entries for his Printer, but was only able to remove two of them. The third was in use and thus not able to be removed (probably because his printer was plugged in).

He received this error message when attempting to remove the third entry:

The following package(s) can not be deleted:

gxe67.inf (x64)
This package contains the following driver(s) that are in use:
RICOH SP 213SFNw PCL 6; This driver is used on:
RICOH SP 213SFNw PCL 6

My response to that issue was the following which Robert gave a try to:
  • You cannot have any other applications running when troubleshooting the printer.
  • Close other running applications, including your browsers.
  • You may need to temporarily disable your anti virus program too. If one shows in your system tray (bottom right corner of taskbar at bottom of screen) you ought to be able to right click that and select disable.
  • Unplug the printer from computer.
  • Then repeat that printui /s /t2 suggestion before.
  • Then reboot computer (without the printer attached).
  • Then install the printer software.
  • Then shutdown computer.
  • Then attach printer and turn on.
  • Then reboot computer.

When he returned from trying this he sent me this Error message from his attempts to reinstall the Printer:

Printer driver installation log
File creation date : 2016/04/19 16:28:43
RP_SETUP version : 4, 6, 1, 140
Computer name : ACER
Login user name : Robert
Operating system : 6.3.2.1 (x64)
Setup : [Add a new printer] has been selected.
End status : Installation failed.

Installation log of Add Printer and Utility Wizard

Wizard Version:4, 3, 1, 80
Create file:2016/04/19 16:28:23
Computer Name:ACER
User Name:Robert
Operating System:6.3.2.1 (x64)

--- Add Printer and Utility Wizard ---
'Custom setup' selected.

Following program(s) have been selected.
DHCP SDC
PCL 6 Printer Driver

'DHCP SDC' has been installed successfully.
Installed Language=English

Installation canceled.

On top of all of that he also again saw the ' There is a job printing now (35) ' message.

I got Robert to check whether his printer was at least listed in Device Manager now via:
  • Winkey + X then select Device Manager, and checking under Print Queues
Alas no joy (although not surprizing given the previous Installation Fail status message).

I had a feeling perhaps I misguided Robert with the whole disconnect printer, shutdown, reinstall, procedure, so I got Robert one last time to attempt to reinstall the printer with it plugged in and turned on.

I also pointed him to Ricoh's support page which lists one NEW driver for windows 10.

That site is here, but for some reason this forum does not allow anchored urls to post fully, so if you want to take a look copy & paste the following url into your Address bar on browser to open:

http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/re/model/sp213sfw/sp213sfwen.htm#Microsoft Windows 10

Or if you click that, you'll need to then click Windows 10 on page that opens to get to page I sent him to.

Robert tried but the persistent ' There is a job now printing (35) ' error is still there and thus installation is failing.

It's now nearing 4 am for me, and I've told Robert I'll keep thinking on this to see if I can find a resolution for him. However, if anyone out there has any ideas to help Robert then please do add your comments to this thread. He is still up and about and I am sure would be delighted to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance folks .

Regedit32

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

I've done a test install of the Universal Printer Driver for Ricoh and Windows 10 64-bit to test how its installation goes when done without using the supplied Disk that comes with a Printer. That appears to have installed fine my end.

My question for you - Is your computer running as 32 bit, or 64 bit

You can confirm this by:
  • Press Winkey + I or click Start | then select Settings
  • Click System
  • In left pane click About
  • Then in main window look for the entry System Type
  • Next to that it will say whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit

My other question is do you know what Port your printer is attached to? For example:
  • LPT1
  • LPT2
  • LPT3
  • Com1
  • Com2
  • Com3
  • Com4
  • Something else

Finally, were you wanting to Share printer on a network; meaning more than one computer in home can send printing request to the Printer.

If you can let me know the answers, I'll customize a manual install without the Disk set of instructions for you; and hopefully then we can finally get it back up and running.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
it says 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor , and as for the port question , i wouldnt know where to look to find out ,, sorry , i would only use the printer with my computer

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

OK so in terms of connecting Printer to your computer you had perhaps three choices to make:
  • USB 2.0 cable from printer to computer
  • A 10Base-T or a 100Base-TX Ethernet Cable. Those cables look like this:
78ERT-O.jpg

• Or you are fully wireless connected (meaning no USB or Ethernet cables connect printer to the computer, but instead you connect via WiFi Router)

Which option did you go with?

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
i just put in the usb cable and my printer came up , but it wont allow me to print , but its going in the right direction i believe, at least now i can see it

Reaction score
at the bottom of the photo in control panel it says (copy1) after the printer description

Reaction score
i tried to instal with disc agian but it still says there is something printing (35)

Regedit32

Reaction score
The cables in the image I posted earlier are Ethernet cables (not USB).

So before we proceed. Did you plug Ethernet cables in, or did you actually use USB cables.

A USB cable looks like this:

20151010151440.jpg

Reaction score
i just managed to print a word document , but it wont allow me to print an email ,, looks like you have solved a big part of my problem sir

Reaction score
i have both attached now , but when i take away the usb cable it wont print the word document

Reaction score
sir , you dont know how happy i am now , i have my printer working even with emails , the problem now was that i just didnt change the email print to ricoh (copy1)) ,,, you have no idea how much i thank you

Regedit32

Reaction score
i have both attached now

Woah hold up a moment! You need to decide which cable to use (you do not want both at same time)!

When you are installing with your disk, you have to choose whether its USB install, or Network, or Wireless.

Whichever install option you go with determines whether you use USB cable , Ethernet cable, or neither cable.

Let me know which one you actually want to install.

Reaction score
can you send me your adress to my email (e-mail address removed) and i wish to send you a present for your help , which has made me understand a few things about printers , plus the time you took out to help me was just awsome

Ask a Question