Deleting files with no extension

Reaction score
I am using a batch script to delete all files in a folder, however it is not including files that have n extension, such as those in browser cache folders. Is there a way to delete these?

I was advised to use this string to delete all files in the folder:
FOR /D %%p IN ("D:\Backup\Programs\Browsers\Avant Sept 2016\profiles\.default\webkit\Default\Cache\*.*") DO rmdir "%%p" /s /q

Reaction score
I am not familiar with AVANT Browser but the path looks very similar to Firefox. Instead of deleting the cache, can you move the location of it??

Open the configuration of your browser (usually " about:config ") then look for browser cache. If there is not a path listed, create a new String that looks like this:

browser.cache.disk.parent_directory

the value of this string will be the path where you want to have the cache stored.

In the case you want to get rid of it alltogether, just set the cache size to zero.

Reaction score
I don't use Firefox, but finding out how to delete extensionless files would be the answer across all browsers.

Ask a Question