Deleting Unwanted User Acoounts

Reaction score
On a reboot, I have multiple user accounts but they do not show up under the control panel option. A coworker was dickering around over the weekend on the work computer and resulted in a reboot. Somehow my personal email was listed as the user and my email password was required to boot into the desktop. I have since resolved this particular issue but it still shows multiple user accounts on the initial startup. The question is how do I remove all the accounts except the 1 that I want and need?

Reaction score
I followed the instructions but was not able to see the user accounts I want deleted. I know they are there but they are not showing up on the advanced setup

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the Start Button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) and in the command prompt window type
net user
hit enter
That should provide a list of all the user accounts that Windows is aware of
Similar to

Capture.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As you've been warned already. Be sure that you maintain a user account that is a member of the local administrators group.
Typically you do not want to delete or otherwise remove the "Administrator" account.
You can simply disable it by using an elevated command prompt and typing
net user administrator /active: no
hit enter.
Which is the default condition of the normally hidden "Administrator" account

Ask a Question