SOLVED Dell Support for Windows 10

Reaction score
I am furious with Dell. I have been buying Dell computers for over 20 years. Even got the Administration of our 55+ to purchase 13 desktops and a server. I've had great luck with their support, but that has changed.

Before I upgraded to Windows 10, I checked with Dell to be sure it was okay for my laptop. Yep, it's fine. Now I'm having issues with drivers, specifically my graphics driver and when I went to Dell's website to get Windows 10 drivers, I got the message..."Dell does not support Windows 10 on this computer."

I checked with Intel and they suggest getting drivers through computer manufacturer and.or Microsoft. Microsoft doesn't have any drivers yet.

So, I have a big problem with my graphics driver (Intel(R) HD Graphics Family)and can't get help from Dell.

Sorry, I'm just ranting, but I'm frustrated. Do not want to reinstall Widows 7,

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks...

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention that I did this...no new graphics driver...only update was for Bluetooth.
Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Dell has been on it's way out for 10+ years. Their PC's use the cheapest possible parts, and some proprietary. Their support has been a known issue for years. But this one's not on them. It's on intel. I'm surprised the drivers you have installed don't work. My tablet with intel gma3100 graphics, upgraded fine. And the last driver update was 2010. Did you try burning an iso to dvd or flash drive and try updating to Windows 10 that way?

Reaction score
my dells (that were on win 8) and updated in the 29th appear to work fine - one has NViidia GeForce graphics .. not sure what the other is using off the top of my head .. but no apparent issues .... what I do not like about Dell is that I have their native support stuff .. and I continually asked about their damn cloud etc .. I want the support of updates .. but I want them to STOP trying me to sell the stupid cloud backup .. 1) I do not use cloud for BU - I clone drives .. and 2) I have a cloud provider for my daily files - AND IT WILL NEVER BE DELL (OR MICROSOFT ONE DRIVE!)

Reaction score
my dells (that were on win 8) and updated in the 29th appear to work fine - one has NViidia GeForce graphics .. not sure what the other is using off the top of my head .. but no apparent issues .... what I do not like about Dell is that I have their native support stuff .. and I continually asked about their damn cloud etc .. I want the support of updates .. but I want them to STOP trying me to sell the stupid cloud backup .. 1) I do not use cloud for BU - I clone drives .. and 2) I have a cloud provider for my daily files - AND IT WILL NEVER BE DELL (OR MICROSOFT ONE DRIVE!)
I had same problem then came 10. After the upgrade I did a clean install which wiped all the Dell stuff. Mine was originally 7 upgraded to 8 then 8.1 and now 10. I had problems with to many duplicate folders that Microsoft stated I had no permission. I have no problems with Dell or Hp. Dell is desktop with Nvidia graphics that I updated couple of years ago and Hp is laptop with Intel HD Graphics. Laptop also came with 7 and is about 5 years now.

Reaction score
After working with Microsoft, I decided to go back to 7 until the issue with the Intel driver is settled.
Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions.

Ask a Question