Denying My Password To Open Computer

Reaction score
Help. Attempted to open up to get into my computer and it is denying my password. Says it is incorrect. I know that it is correct as I have the same one for my iPad and it is working just fine. How do I bypass the password so that I can get into my computer and do work.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Jane,

Welcome to the Forum.

The user account you cannot sign into; is it a local account belonging to Administrative Group, or just a Standard account with no privileges?

Also, is this username registered with a Microsoft account?

Also, have you checked two things:
  • Made sure Caps Lock key is not on, or that some other key is not stuck
  • Confirmed at bottom of logon page the correct language is selected for your keyboard layout

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Also at this time it would be worth checking the "Number Lock" key ON or OFF. I have been caught with the "Num Lock" more than once.

Reaction score
I had the same problem today after a forced Microsoft 10 update yesterday, I could not log on to my own computer. I found another thread where lots of user seemed to have had this problem. I was able to go to account.live.com/password/reset and get it to reset, but it took several tries. Plus, since I don't recall ever having created a Microsoft account and linking it to my laptop, I had to try all my email address before figuring out which one worked.

Reaction score
So You're still able to reach the Password entry Screen, correct? This has happened to Myself on 2 separate occasions...and the RAGE in which I felt...It's like "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!" Anyhow, I don't remember exactly WHERE it was that I found out this ability of being able to "fix it"...Said sarcastically, yet still Thankful for finding out about this option that comes with a price...I swear, I even waited a full WEEK to see if My CPU would suddenly GO BACK TO NORMAL...And it DIDN'T. I'm absolutely clueless as to why this happened; ESPECIALLY when I had it occur to Me more than that Once...It's like, "WTF!" WHY did my Computer just all of a sudden choose to perpetually start, as well as continue to go about holding up it's middle finger towards Me...And that Day before, there was not a problem! So Yes...If I hadn't learned of this method, I'd still be stuck back basically in an "Eternal loop" or something like that. Basically, I would not be able to USE the Computer AT ALL if I hadn't found this hardly spoken of method of GETTING BACK IN the Machine; albeit going about using this method DOES come with a price...SO, this is the WARNING regarding using this ability...You're gonna lose ALL Your stuff that You have saved onto Your Computer: Pictures, Writings, Music & and for all of the Gamers out there, it gets even worse for You all, as ALL of Your add-ons and the like are also taken...Never to be seen again...THAT IS...Hmm. Well, YOU KNOW...Until you simply go and Download them yet again! SO...While it may be a tedious ordeal to go about restoring EVERYTHING back as to "Normal"...as to how things USED to be --Unless Someone on here has a method of dealing with this WITHOUT having to go about losing all of Your precious Media, Writings/Poetry, and et cetera...SO, The deal of the matter is, on Your "Enter Password" screen...At the bottom right-handed side, You'll see several options, and of course You'll see Our Buddy, the Power Off/Restart button. You're going to want to click the Power button, and immediately begin to hold down a SHIFT key, simultaneously as You use Your Mouse to click the RESTART option; ALL the while, remember and keep that SHIFT key pressed DOWN until...miraculously, You are given an ability to go about System Restore...Sure, it sucks but if there is no other way to defeat this, You've gotta do what You've gotta do! Yeah, Your stuff is going to be removed...But an addict to the Internet such as Myself, I couldn't stand to be with a Computer that is all but the Trash can's new Buddy for ANY long period of time, whatsoever...So I made the choice, and accepted. It's been over half a Year now, and it hasn't pulled anything like that since. I certainly Hope that this is able to Help out Someone; I hear MANY are having troubles with this issue. Windows 10 is basically like the freaking Nazi Germany of OS's...And if it's THIS BAD now, imagine how much worse it CAN...or, rather WILL get...

Take care, all....

Reaction score
I have a regular Microsoft account online that I started when I got my first pc w Win 8 with my original user name and password but there are no passwords for Other Users or Administrator and pc refuses to open to my original sign-in page where I can use my Microsoft account info. Also have tried the Microsoft Authenticator app but it's useless for my current problem. I NEVER set up an Other User sign-in window option. So wtf and why? Completely locked out of my win 10 pc. Only opens to Other Users. I've tried several times to restart using; Restart + Shift at the same time while stuck on another User window, but it only opens always with some annoying Sticky Keys popup window that insists I click on it or click Shift 5x yet when I do this (because I am forced to!) it just goes back to Other User sign-in window again, preventing me from restarting in safe mode. HELP!! I also tried to restart the other way by turning pc on and off 3x but still get that annoying Sticky Keys window then immediately back to Other User! Is there a work-around for /to avoid /prevent Sticky Keys window from interfering/getting in the way of a smooth Safe Mode opening? One time Administrator did come up but I don't know or have a password for Administrator. PLEASE HELP!! Also please note: My keyboard is non-responsive/locked while in another User mode so I can't use any tricks/solutions involving pressing the windows icon on the keyboard + 1 or + R, etc because pc is STUCK on Other User so my keyboard does not respond/locked. I can only do Shift + Restart. Again, I get no response when I press other keys on the keyboard so please stop giving me solutions involving using my locked/unresponsive keyboard. Sorry to repeat this but when I posted this for answers on Microsoft ALL the solutions were for using my keyboard which I emphasized to them that my keyboard use is locked/limited like while in another User mode. Please help ASAP. Thanks and double thanks!

Ask a Question