Desktop Background Changed by Itself

Reaction score
Hello All-

I downloaded and installed X86 and run it in virtual box. Everything is running good , but I noticed that my desktop back ground changed to the same background that I have on my work PC (Win 8.1). I must have set up a Microsoft account on it also ( instead of Local account ). My question to everyone is , If they can see what background I have on another PC , what else can they see ????

Reaction score
I understand it is related to my MS account and AppData....But I think it it way different than Chrome. Chrome doesn't know what my desktop background is. My concern is what else is "shared" from my work PC with a MS account ?? I will delete the MS account on all work PC's ( Microsoft seems to make Users pick an account rather than a Local ).

Reaction score
Paranoia, plain and simple, look @ chrome, it knows all your password, bookmarks, even all of the sites you visit constantly. Not to mention if you use an android tablet or phone, and use chrome, it syncs all the same info across the devices. This is the world of cloud computing get used to it!

Reaction score
Paranoia ?? Sure , maybe a little. But then again, since I'm in healthcare industry , I really don't need to share information. Yes, Chrome knows all my stuff, Yahoo knows all my stuff, Firefox knows all my stuff...blah blah blah. I have yet to see any of these change my "OS" background. Easy fix : create a local account. If Win 10 will not let me, I will not use it in a work environment. I wonder if Win 10 Enterprise does the same ??.....Opps.. more paranoia.....

Reaction score
Paranoia ?? Sure , maybe a little. But then again, since I'm in healthcare industry , I really don't need to share information. Yes, Chrome knows all my stuff, Yahoo knows all my stuff, Firefox knows all my stuff...blah blah blah. I have yet to see any of these change my "OS" background. Easy fix : create a local account. If Win 10 will not let me, I will not use it in a work environment. I wonder if Win 10 Enterprise does the same ??.....Opps.. more paranoia.....

Thing is you have full control over everything that is synced with Windows as well, all you have to do is modify the permissions, and what you want synced. And a local account isnt going to work for Windows 10 right now, as a MS Account is needed for damn near anything. And it doesn't share everything on your PCs. And if it did, it's ENCRYPTED. So there is no reason to freak out.

Ask a Question