Desktop Clock App

Reaction score
I love the desktop clock app. I installed the app which came with Windows 10. I have it pinned to the task bar and put it up sometimes when I am not working on the desktop. It allows me to listen to streaming music while covering the desktop with a black screen. It has a digital clock display in the center.

Bif

Reaction score
I love the desktop clock app. I installed the app which came with Windows 10. I have it pinned to the task bar and put it up sometimes when I am not working on the desktop. It allows me to listen to streaming music while covering the desktop with a black screen. It has a digital clock display in the center.
Exactly what "app" that came with 10 are you referring to? are you talking about "alarm and clock?

Reaction score
is there a smaller clock app? I used to have 3 on my desktop for when I ring overseas

Reaction score
I pin the big one to the task bar and when I hover on the icon it gives me a preview which is a smaller size. If you are not working on the pc you can just leave it like that and it will remain popped up as long as you do not move the mouse.

I have read that the gadgets can be downloaded but can pose a security risk so it is not advisable to do that.

Reaction score
I advised (above) that the "Gadgets" could pose a security risk and should be avoided. You can google that for more information. I downloaded it anyway and had the same result as you. It is best to just remove the utility from your system and forget about it. Still, it is your choice and if you insist, you could try other Gadget downloads and perhaps you will find one which is compatible with Windows 10 and will show the clock on your desktop.

Reaction score
I advised (above) that the "Gadgets" could pose a security risk and should be avoided. You can google that for more information. I downloaded it anyway and had the same result as you. It is best to just remove the utility from your system and forget about it. Still, it is your choice and if you insist, you could try other Gadget downloads and perhaps you will find one which is compatible with Windows 10 and will show the clock on your desktop.

How do I remove it please.

Reaction score
Right click on the start button (lower left) and then select "Programs and Features". Then Right Click Gadgets in the list and click the "uninstall or Remove" box. Done.

Ask a Question