Desktop Look

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been covered as I have been pretty busy doing photographic work.
When I recently loaded Win 10 just to have a look see I noticed that the desktop was the same as Win 8 ( yuk ).
Is there a way or has anyone found a way for us oldies to have a desktop setup like Win 7 ?
As I said somewhere before I'd like to use the Win 10 engine, but utilise the Win 7 exterior.

Reaction score
Could you detail, a little more, what you see as the windows 7 desktop? Do you mean the start menu, or..?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is there a way or has anyone found a way for us oldies to have a desktop setup like Win 7 ?
The desktop is the desktop and is what you make it, just like previous versions of Windows.
It can be blank or contain any number of Icons / Shortcuts / Folders / WhatEvers
If as @davehc seems to have zero'd in on, you are talking about the "Start Menu", then......
Perhaps something like Classic Shell might be more to your liking.
http://classicshell.net/

Although with a little time and effort you can remove, move, add, group or empty the Tile area and make it pretty much what you want.
Although the all apps menu IMO, could still use a little more customizability

Ask a Question