desktop tile in win10 startscreen

Reaction score
Will Microsoft bring back the desktop tile in the start screen for win 10? I have a touch screen laptop and I preferred to have it boot up to the start screen in win 8.1 to see notifications in email, facebook, twitter and news. It was very convenient to have the desktop tile in the start screen and just tapping it would being me to the desktop to do some work stuff.

Reaction score
  1. Settings
  2. Personalization
  3. Start
  4. Set "Use Start full screen" to "ON"
That setting option toggles between fullscreen and window start menu.

Reaction score
Tried that but there's no desktop tile. In win8.1, I chose "boot to start screen" and there was the desktop tile. It took only one tap to go to the desktop by just touching the desktop tile. But in win 10, when I choose "go to start screen", there's no desktop tile. Well, anyway, thank you and hope that Microsoft brings back the desktop tile in win 10 start screen.

Reaction score
I must be confused as to what you want. I've never dealt with Windows 8 so I may not know what you are asking. Maybe someone else will know and can help. Good luck.

@davehc do you have any suggestions?

Ask a Question