Destination Folder Access Denied

Reaction score
I deleted BareMinimum.ino (a text file) from

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.49.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\examples\01.Basics\BareMinimum

And now I can't replace it.

1) I changed the folder owner to myself using takeown in an admin level cmd window.
C:\WINDOWS\system32>takeown /f "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.49.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\examples\01.Basics\BareMinimum"
2) I went to the folder properties and added myself, full control, to the security tab, made sure that "Replace all child object permission entries..." is checked.
3) UAC is disabled.

Now when I go into the folder and right click to add a text file, I still get "Destination Folder Access Denied".

Any help would be appreciated here.

Reaction score
Hi Steve Mann,
  1. Is that application running ? in background or foreground or as service ?
  2. Can you try to stop it and replace the file ?
  3. Try clean boot and replace the file.

Reaction score
The application is the Arduino IDE, and no, it isn't running. Even if it were, I am trying to create or copy a new text file in the folder.
A fresh reboot changes nothing.
I am the owner of the folder and I cannot create or copy a new text file in the folder. That is the problem.

Ask a Question