Did I read it wrong ?

Reaction score
Microsoft to finalize Windows 10 this week
http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/6/8899919/microsoft-windows-10-rtm
Once Microsoft has finalized Windows 10 this week the company will continue to work on bug fixes ready for the July 29th release date. Windows 10 testers will get a copy of the final version first, and the company will be rolling out the OS to the public in waves starting on July 29th.
........................................................................................................................

......Windows 10 testers will get a copy of the final version first.......
Who are the " Windows 10 testers "?
Us the registered Insiders running the Insider Preview or someone else ?

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are referring to the insiders as I don't know of any other testers other than within the Microsoft building. My current plan is to go ahead and upgrade both of my preview installs since I have them on their own drives. If they are working well and with no real issues I probably will put my Windows 8.1 drives back in and upgrade them. I don't plan to remain in the insiders program since I'm tired of dealing with bugs and issues and just want to install stuff without having to think about a clean install due to a buggy update. I wonder if Microsoft will back away from the mandatory updates for Home version users.

Reaction score
Why not read the originals, instead of third party interpretations. They are also guilty of putting things into their own words, as we are!

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/07/02/windows-10-preparing-to-upgrade-one-billion-devices/

which says:

"Starting on July 29, we will start rolling out Windows 10 to our Windows Insiders. From there, we will start notifying reserved systems in waves, slowly scaling up after July 29th. Each day of the roll-out, we will listen, learn and update the experience for all Windows 10 users."

Ask a Question