SOLVED Difficulty loading this site.

Reaction score
Have I been hijacked?

Since the new windows was installed, I am having difficult opening this site (Only this one!). It takes several attempts. Pops up each time with a message "Sorry, Google is unable to find this address. The same occurs on my Ipad and mobile.

1591073338664.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you using the new Edge browser Dave?. On this laptop, I have 2004 installed but not the new browser and don't have a problem. I will check my other two computers with the updated 2004 and new Edge browser and see if there is a problem with them. :)

Reaction score
I have been using the New edge browser for some weeks, without problems. It is connecting to any other sites I choose. Only this one was giving difficulties.
Anyway, I think I may have solved the problem. I am just about to reboot. Call you back!

Reaction score
When I have troubles, it is usually sporadic. A few people I know from another site would suggest flushing your history/cookies. But I'm thinking you have tried that.

Reaction score
Yeah. Back after the restart and the problem remains.

Later. Ok, went for the hilt. I reset all my Edge settings and the problem has gone. Must be something which Ian has set here, which is not on other pages. I'll slowly work through them and see.
One significant thing -it has reverted to Bing as the search engine --Hmm.

Later still.
As far as I can remember, I have rest all my preferences back to where they were. Google is again my search engine. All is still working. I am marking this as solved (for the moment!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Downloaded and installed Chrome.. No change!
www.windows10forums.com’s server IP address could not be found.

Later. I deleted the site from my top bar and searched for the site again. Made another new bookmar7favourite. Once again, all seems to be in order

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I did make some changes this week, but I didn't expect that it would have any problems - I switched to use "cloudflare" as our DNS provider, rather than Amazon. Maybe I pulled the old DNS too early, I thought it should have propagated within 24h. Sorry about that Dave, hopefully it's working ok now.

Reaction score
Ah. That's hit it!
In my own investigations, it referred to a DNS problem.
Later:
Nope, nothing to do with that. I still have the problem. When I click the bookmark, I get the same message. If I refresh three times, I'm in.
Usual fault findings and virus scans found no problems. (This was a sparling new install.)

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Could you please try doing a DNS cache flush and see if that sorts it?

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

I'm puzzled if it's working sometimes, but not others. Anyone else having a problem?

Reaction score
No problems here either on desktop or mobile. Could be his ISP's DNS is slow to update.

Reaction score
Try a different browser I.E., Pale Moon, one that uses the URL bar as a URL bar, not a combo URL/search bar like Chrome or modern Mozilla browser. I use MyPal (Palemoon fork) and the site loads easily.

Reaction score
Been working , now, for a couple of hours, with no input from me. Maybe it was your Mod, Ian, just needed to settle down.

Reaction score
OK No purpose in prolonging this. marking as solved.
Curious no one else had the problem though -- Danish problem? I wouldn't be at all surprised!

Reaction score
I reckon you could put back that mod, Ian. I have had quite a lot of local correspondence regarding the posted link in my previous post.
They promised everything would be back to normal, by the third (Yesterday) which it was. A problem with my TV internet, and this site, immediately went away.

Ask a Question