Digital Camera Download

Reaction score
When inserting camera disk to computer, Windows 10 will not open. Is there a special driver or update I need to make this work? It worked just fine on Windows 7. Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Morgan and welcome to the forum.
You don't mention which camera you are using or how you are connecting it to your computer.
That information may be helpful in soliciting a specific answer.
For instance I had a very similar problem when I first connected my Nikon D3200 to my Windows 10 machine.
It' didn't seem to find it.
What I did was....
I disconnected it from my computer.
Went into Device Manager (right click the start button and select Device Manager from the context menu)
I expanded "Portable Device"
Found my camera, right clicked it and chose uninstall.
Rebooted my computer and then reconnected the Camera.
It seemed to work fine after that.

Reaction score
Hello Morgan and welcome to the forum.
You don't mention which camera you are using or how you are connecting it to your computer.
That information may be helpful in soliciting a specific answer.
For instance I had a very similar problem when I first connected my Nikon D3200 to my Windows 10 machine.
It' didn't seem to find it.
What I did was....
I disconnected it from my computer.
Went into Device Manager (right click the start button and select Device Manager from the context menu)
I expanded "Portable Device"
Found my camera, right clicked it and chose uninstall.
Rebooted my computer and then reconnected the Camera.
It seemed to work fine after that.
I have a Kodak "Easy Share" C195. Simple to just remove and insert disk into computer. With windows 7 it opened on the computer for easy down load. When using the same method with Windows 10 it does not open at all.

Bif

Reaction score
A thousand times easier to simply take the SD card out of the camera and insert it into your PC and transfer pics that way..imo anyways.
I have 2 dslr and 4 point and shoots and have never connected them directly to the PC..this just preference however but it just has always been easier for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A thousand times easier to simply take the SD card out of the camera and insert it into your PC and transfer pics that way..imo anyways.
I have 2 dslr and 4 point and shoots and have never connected them directly to the PC..this just preference however but it just has always been easier for me.[/QUOTE

Reaction score
Here is my problem with more specifics. I have, with Windows 7, simply take the SD card out of the Kodak Easy Share camera and insert it into my PC and transfer pics. My problem is.....now that I have installed Windows 10 and try to do the same process....it won't work. It does nothing. Blank screen. That's were I am at and hope someone might be able to assist me. I know when I tried to use my scanner I had to get a different driver (Canon update) and an app download from Windows 10 to get it to work. There must be something I need to simple complete my picture downloads. Thanks everyone!!! Morgan

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
simply take the SD card out of the Kodak Easy Share camera and insert it into my PC
Insert it where, I believe I asked above, is it an integrated card reader slot or an external USB connected card reader???
In either case you may need to install or reinstall the drivers for the card reader slot from the manufacturer of the PC or perhaps even a driver for the USB connection to be fully functional if the USB ports are in someway unique.
AND
Again, get rid of everything in device manager, within "Portable Devices" and reboot.
It does nothing. Blank screen
Does the component show in Device manager after the cleanup of portable devices and the reboot.
Does the component show in Disk Management and if so does it have a drive letter
Does the component show in File Explorer.
Have you checked Settings -> Devices -> Auto Play do you have it or anything for that matter set to "Take no action"

Bif

Reaction score
Here is my problem with more specifics. I have, with Windows 7, simply take the SD card out of the Kodak Easy Share camera and insert it into my PC and transfer pics. My problem is.....now that I have installed Windows 10 and try to do the same process....it won't work. It does nothing. Blank screen. That's were I am at and hope someone might be able to assist me. I know when I tried to use my scanner I had to get a different driver (Canon update) and an app download from Windows 10 to get it to work. There must be something I need to simple complete my picture downloads. Thanks everyone!!! Morgan
You will need to find out what make your card reader is in you PC and search online for an updated driver OR go device manger and scroll down to sd card reader-right click-properties - driver and then click (left click) update driver.See if there is a driver available that way and if not you'll need to manually search for one that will support 10.J know it's a pain in the a** but that what you need to do...if I'm understanding you correctly.Good luck!

Ask a Question