Disable login password with local account

Reaction score
Hi,

My issue is about starting my computer without going through a login screen where I must type a password.
I've tried nearly all solutions, creating a Microsoft account, then switching to a local account, passing the "netplwiz" command, deactivating the login option, but somehow, each time some kind of login screen is appearing.

Maybe this has to do with my computer's built in software (I work on an HP ZBook 15), but once I activated a local account, and ran the netplwiz command to deactivate the box "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer", I get a new login screen, where the local account name is displayed, but additionally requires an e-mail or phone number, and a password (before unticking the box, I only had to type the local account password I had defined).
I have no idea which e-mail I should write, as creating a local account only demands an account name and password, not a mail or number.
I tried logging in with my Microsoft account mail and password, but this doesn't work. By chance, I can enter Windows by swiping my finger (a login I had implemented prior to upgrading to Windows 10, and had never used), but without this, I would have probably been locked out of my computer.

Unfortunately there seems to be no simple way to disable the login password in Windows 10, and I can't seem to figure out a solution to my case, so if anyone has gone through something similar, thanks for helping out :)

Reaction score
I have just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Compaq and it now insists I login at startup.
I cannot find a solution on the web to remove this so look forward to any reply to your original question.

Reaction score

Ask a Question