Disagree With MS Updates Delivery Methods

Reaction score
MS Updates.

I just disagree with how MS have chosen the delivery methods for Win 10 Updates.

I know users have options of selecting how updates are delivered; however, it appears to me (no expert) that they are using methods similar to the way music was pirated in the 90's with sites such as Napter, Limewire... Could this be why MS prefer users choosing to sign in with a MS Account, so they can deliver updates by peer to peer file sharing, the ability to connect to networks of shared apps and libraries, allow users contacts to connect to your network or multiple contacts networks, even get updates from, and send to other PC's on the Internet. I'm certainly glad I chose to sign in with a local account.

Question: Is my way of thought right or wrong?
Be Nice! LOL.

Reaction score
Our PCs here. Three sign in with a local acocunt and only use the MS account for the Store. Number 4 is in the insider program and of course uses a MS account.

I am not saying if you are right or wrong just stating my compromise.

Reaction score
MS Updates.

I just disagree with how MS have chosen the delivery methods for Win 10 Updates.

I know users have options of selecting how updates are delivered; however, it appears to me (no expert) that they are using methods similar to the way music was pirated in the 90's with sites such as Napter, Limewire... Could this be why MS prefer users choosing to sign in with a MS Account, so they can deliver updates by peer to peer file sharing, the ability to connect to networks of shared apps and libraries, allow users contacts to connect to your network or multiple contacts networks, even get updates from, and send to other PC's on the Internet. I'm certainly glad I chose to sign in with a local account.

Question: Is my way of thought right or wrong?
Be Nice! LOL.
That feature about "allow users contacts to connect to your network or multiple contacts networks, even get updates from, and send to other PC's on the Internet" can be turned off - and your updates will come in faster by the way if you do. That feature is a real pain for many - me included. Updates seemed to take forever or failed to update, etc. before it was turned off. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Advanced Options > scroll down to How Updates are Delivered > You will be on Updates From More Than One Place and click to turn it OFF.

Reaction score
Joann: I've already done that. It's the delivery methods used that is bothering many users, especially those on a capped data plans. Why did MS go to so much effort for updates and patches. With the old method, everyone got the updates/patches at the same time. Did you know that Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise users will get updates a month later than the home version. Gives MS time to get the bugs out by using Home guinea pigs, rather than MS Tech's doing it right the first time.

Reaction score
Joann: Did you know that Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise users will get updates a month later than the home version. Gives MS time to get the bugs out by using Home guinea pigs, rather than MS Tech's doing it right the first time.
Glad i have the pro version then.;)

Ask a Question