Disappearing file

Reaction score
Got folder in Disk F called "JMD Personal".If I search "F" for it get an immediate find. Open that file and I find the photo I put in it. If I now go to "F" on file explorer "F" has no "JMD Personal". And if you pull up search function in other apps no "JMD Personal" is found.

Anyone have any idea how this occurs? Blows my mind!

Reaction score
What happens if you create a new folder on the same drive and copy the photo into there? It may be that the master file table has got glitched somehow for that file or folder?

Reaction score
If the MFT is glitched, I would take more drastic measures. Copy the file onto another drive and format F, but not the quick format, rather the long one instead. Unless you have more on that drive that needs saving..

Reaction score
If the MFT is glitched, I would take more drastic measures. Copy the file onto another drive and format F, but not the quick format, rather the long one instead. Unless you have more on that drive that needs saving..
Does that mean that if there are more on the same drive, none of them will appear in search?

Reaction score
is "Got folder in Disk F " another hd on your computer, or a folder name? If it is another hd, then, possibly, it is not included in the search function.??

Try getting into the search functions in the settings and select "enhanced"

Ask a Question