Disney "PURE" Game Black Screen on Windows 10

Reaction score
I'm trying to get this game to work with Windows 10, its starts to load and then hangs with a Black screen... in the end I have to reset my PC to get back to the desktop..
Tried compatibility tests.. no go..
Anybody of any patches of fixes I can apply ?
Thanks...

Reaction score
Update: after a few more tests, I have just found out the really problem, it does run on windows 10, had my Screen Refresh rate running at 120hz, just make sure you are running 60hz and it should work ok...

Would be nice to see a remake of this game.
Using a XBOX360 wireless adapter to my PC allows me to run a spare XBOX360 Wireless Controller.
Brings back all the fun of my XBOX360 with this game... apart from the long loading times us PC users have to contend with... sigh :/

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Alien8.
Nice bit of troubleshooting.
Appreciate the feedback.

Reaction score
Sorted..;)

pure.jpg

Reaction score
Update: after a few more tests, I have just found out the really problem, it does run on windows 10, had my Screen Refresh rate running at 120hz, just make sure you are running 60hz and it should work ok...

Would be nice to see a remake of this game.
Using a XBOX360 wireless adapter to my PC allows me to run a spare XBOX360 Wireless Controller.
Brings back all the fun of my XBOX360 with this game... apart from the long loading times us PC users have to contend with... sigh :/

A bit of necro, but how did you get it to work at all? I've been trying to use an .iso of the game forever. I can't find my original disk. The only thing I can think of is that I need to use the original disk because of copyright stuff. Did you use the original disk?

Reaction score
Hi, Yes I used a original Disc, when I first fired up the game I was left with a blank screen but could hear all the audio sounds, then I had the idea that my Monitor was running at 120hz so reverted it back to 60hz and the game worked fine as you can see by the screen shots, I believe your problem might be because of the copy protection, try looking on ebay for a original or a local game shop, the game is old now so you should be able to get it cheap.. all the best..

Reaction score
Hi! My brother has the same problem with his Pure...can you tell me how to fix it ? He has monitor 1920x1200 60hz...

Reaction score
Hi, Wow this is going back a bit.... Like I said in my previous answer, I adjusted the Hz to 60 from my 120Hz and restarted the Program/Game, and it worked...
Since then Graphics Drivers have moved on, so you might need to reinstall a older driver for this game to work..
I believe I still have the game somewhere in my home, I will dig it out and have another go with it testing it out.. and update some results back here on this forum..
All the best..

Ask a Question