SOLVED Display, folder size, and text size changes

Reaction score
I am having repeated problems with text and folders sizes. I had set them up to suit me a while ago, but every now and then they change, apparently by themselves - perhaps after an upgrade? I certainly don't remember making any changes myself.

At the moment the folders I have on my home screen are very small and bunched up into the top left hand corner of the screen. And the text labels to the folders are almost too small for my tired old eyes to read.

How do I get the folders to be bigger, the same size as I had them in Windows 7? And how to I get the text labels to be the same size as they were before? I already have text size set to 175%.

Also, when I open a folder or list contents in some programs the text looks fainter than it should, and has a strange look to it - certainly not the same as when I was running Windows 7; it's much poorer. How do I get that appearance back.

Reaction score
I am having repeated problems with text and folders sizes. I had set them up to suit me a while ago, but every now and then they change, apparently by themselves - perhaps after an upgrade? I certainly don't remember making any changes myself.

At the moment the folders I have on my home screen are very small and bunched up into the top left hand corner of the screen. And the text labels to the folders are almost too small for my tired old eyes to read.

How do I get the folders to be bigger, the same size as I had them in Windows 7? And how to I get the text labels to be the same size as they were before? I already have text size set to 175%.

Also, when I open a folder or list contents in some programs the text looks fainter than it should, and has a strange look to it - certainly not the same as when I was running Windows 7; it's much poorer. How do I get that appearance back.

I went to my computer a few days ago, and found the problem had been solved. I'm sure it was nothing I did. Was it an upgrade?

Ask a Question