SOLVED DISPLAY PROBLEMS IN WINDOWS 10

Reaction score
Have spent ages trying to find out how to adjust screen, letters are huge and words are on top of one another. Neither zoom nor screen resolution and display have solved problem.
Trying to type a letter, cursor is constantly moving all over the page needing me to delete and reinsert stuff. It is doing it now. If you find gibberish in this text, don't blame me!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First check with the computer manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer or the specific hardware device manufacturer and acquire the appropriate Windows 10 driver for your video card.
IF this is a laptop you may also need the driver for you touchpad to allow you to configure it / turn it off when typing and or adjust the gesture control settings so they are less sensitive.

Reaction score
First vcheck with the computer manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer or the specific hardware device manufacturer and acquire the appropriate Windows 10 driver for your video card.
IF this is a laptop you may also need the driver for you touchpad to allow you to configure it / turn it off when typing and or adjust the gesture control settings so they are less sensitive.
ore

I am an 'experienced amateur' when it comes to computers so your helpful advice will be very useful. I have some software called Driver Restore but it obviously doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have some software called Driver Restore
A "Driver Restore" disc can be a product of the OEM and come as part of the kit when you purchase a new computer in which case they may be too old to be suitable for Windows 10, or....
It might be one of those third party software products that have a tendency to be less helpful than you might expect.
In either case the suggestions that I made above regarding seeking resources available through the manufacturer's support websites will still be your best bet.

Reaction score
I was trying to explain that whilst I have been fiddIing with computers for years I have never had any training so can understand ,some things but some I have no clue about.

I can contact HP about the driver for my laptop, is it them I contact about the touchpad and I have never come across gesture control settings, where might I find them?

I bought Driver Control software but it does not seem to have picked up the display problem. Are such programs worth using?

I aIso have Parkinsons and whilst I do not suffer with tremor the condition makes me slightlly
jerky, can I compensate for this in the gesture control area?
twa
First check with the computer manufacturer or the motherboard manuf acturer or the specific hardware device manufacturer and acquire the appropriate Windows 10 driver for your video card.[/SIZE]

[QUOTs E="Bopamamie, post: 25949, member: 8325"]ore

I am an 'experienced amateur' when it comes to computers so your helpful advice will be very useful. I have some software called Driver Restore but it obviously doesn't do what it says on the tin.
[/QUOTE]
A "Driver Restore" disc can be a product of the OEM and come as part of the kit when you purchase a new computer in which case they may be too old to be suitable for Windows 10, or....
It might be one of those third party software products that have a tendency to be less helpful than you might expect.
In either case the suggestions that I made above regarding seeking resources available through the manufacturer's support websites will still be your best bet.

Reaction score
I was trying to explain that whilst I have been fiddIing with computers for years I have never had any training so can understand ,some things but some I have no clue about.

Thank you for your help.

I can contact HP about the driver for my laptop, is it them I contact about the touchpad and I have never come across gesture control settings, where might I find them?

I bought Driver Control software but it does not seem to have picked up the display problem. Are such programs worth using?

I aIso have Parkinsons and whilst I do not suffer with tremor the condition makes me slightlly
jerky, can I compensate for this in the gesture control area?
twa

[QUOTs E="Bopamamie, post: 25949, member: 8325"]ore

[/QUOTE]

Ask a Question