Display setting doesn't work

Reaction score
The picture is too big for the screen. I go to Display, Advanced settings, click on 1600x900, but it doesn't work. It is annoying that I can't see, for example, how to minimize, without playing around with the picture.
How do I sort this?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Probably need to install the proper device driver to support the GPU you are using.

Reaction score
Sorry, not very up-to-date. What is a GPU? And what is the proper device driver I need and where do I get it?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A GPU is a Graphics Processing Unit commonly called a Video Card or Video Adapter.
As far as the proper device driver and where to get it.....
That would depend on what it is and who manufacturers it.
My suggestion, if you don't know anything about the computer you are talking about, then.....
Right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
msinfo32
hit enter or click OK.
Use the file menu to save that in the form of a .nfo file on your desktop, then right click the saved file, select send to -> compressed (zipped) folder and attach that zipped product to your next post.

Reaction score
Sorry for delay in replying to you. I have a Compaq CQ2000 PC and a Dell monitor. The PC has Windows 10, which doesn't have a start button. Any more ideas?

Ask a Question