SOLVED Disrupted KB4041676

Reaction score
A friend to my brother have shut down his PC before the KB4041676 vas fully installed. Now his PC is not working as it should. He has not a backup present so is there a way to remove this failed update. He gave up because it took forever to install.

Reaction score
Maybe. Open Settings - Update and Security. then "View Installed Update History"
At the top is an option "Uninstall updates." If the update was successful, howvere corrupted, the option to remove it may be there.

Reaction score
Maybe. Open Settings - Update and Security. then "View Installed Update History"
At the top is an option "Uninstall updates." If the update was successful, howvere corrupted, the option to remove it may be there.
Problem is that he can not start his windows and use it. It flips and the screen gets black.......
I wish he had taken a backup before this failed install.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boot from the installation media and use the "Repair you computer" link of the second page of the install process to launch the Advanced Troubleshooting tools, and attempt.
System Restore
OR
Startup Repair
OR
Startup Settings to attempt to restart into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.

RepairYourComputer.png

CommandPrompt.JPG

Reaction score
my brother put the defect windows hd in his computer and then ran a sytemrepair disk he had created. It fixed the problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up.
Glad to hear that you got it sorted.
Much appreciated.

Reaction score
That's good news. Now have your friend create a system image. An image is worth its weight in gold.

Ask a Question