DNS_PROBE_FINISHED

Reaction score
Quite regularly when trying to open a web page I get a message to the effect that the page cannot be found due to DNS_PROBE_FINISHED and a number of different add-ons e.g. BAD_CONFIG or NXSDOMAIN
Then after a short time the page will load or. if it doesn't. I have to refresh
I did see a video that suggested a route through Command Admin but I cannot seem to get into that - it I type Command I get c:\User\my name

Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'll assume that the suggestion might have been to flush your current DNS cache, so....
To launch a Command Prompt (Admin) simply right click the Start Button (windows logo icon bottom left on taskbar) and choose it from the context menu

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I'll assume that the suggestion might have been to flush your current DNS cache, so....
To launch a Command Prompt (Admin) simply right click the Start Button (windows logo icon bottom left on taskbar) and choose it from the context menu

View attachment 9980
Thanks for that - it was what I was trying to do but I do not get that display. I found out that if I type command in the search window I get offered Command Prompt and then a right click offers me Run as Adminsitrator.
The 'solution' I was offered was at the C:\WINDOWS\system 32> to type and enter each of these
ipconfig/release
ipconfig/all
ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/renew
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset and then restart

I have had no problems since but I just did that an hour ago, so I will revisit and advise later today

Reaction score
Thanks for that - it was what I was trying to do but I do not get that display. I found out that if I type command in the search window I get offered Command Prompt and then a right click offers me Run as Adminsitrator.
The 'solution' I was offered was at the C:\WINDOWS\system 32> to type and enter each of these
ipconfig/release
ipconfig/all
ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/renew
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset and then restart

I have had no problems since but I just did that an hour ago, so I will revisit and advise later today
That did not resolve the problem as it still exists this morning; it is an irritation as after the message is displayed he web page eventually opens up, so I can live with it