Do not see shut down, sleep or hibernate option

Reaction score
Hi,
I have Windows 1 on my Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series. A few days ago I took a quiz for one of my online classes and have to use Respondus Lock Down Browser, which I have not had any problems with in the past. However, after I X'ed out of my start bar at the bottom disappeared so I had to restart it. Well once I did and got the bar back when I go to click the power symbol to select shut down only a blank box shows up. I was hoping it'd go back to normal but it hasn't. So in order to select shut down I have to click Ctrl Alt Delete and click the power button option at the bottom left there in order to see the Shut Down, Sleep and Hibernate options.
So my question is... How do I get it back? Thank you in advance for your help and for reading this post!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that particular browser or what installing it might entail, but....
Try clean booting your machine and see if that helps with your problem.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Use the steps for Windows 8 / 8.1 (same for 10)
Easily done and easily undone
Basically you are just disabling Start Up items and all non-Microsoft services, be sure to check the box to hide Microsoft Services.
See if that brings back your power options.
IF so then it's likely that something is running (application and or service) at start up that is causing your issue.

Ask a Question