Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
14372 seems to work very well on my physical and VM installs however, I don't see anything remarkably different between it and the previous 14371 build.
NOW....
On my Alcatel ONETOUCH Fierce XL Windows 10 Phone which had been running Threshold 10586.240 perfectly....
When I made the mistake of joining that phone to the Insider Preview Program and installed Redstone 14371, it is a disaster.
Not because there is anything functionally wrong with the OS functions and feature, they all seem to work great, but....
The battery drain is completely unacceptable. It lasts approximately 6.5 hours before the phone shuts off completely and requires a recharge which seems to take a long time as well (that's with the phone idle overnight).
Formerly on 10586.240, with normal phone usage I could expect more than 24 hours (quiet a bit more) before I would even consider plugging it into a charger.
I subsequently installed 14372 hoping that the had correct the problem with the latest build only to find out it was just as bad at least, if not slightly worse.

Reaction score
the six rings and release

canary ring - some of the developers 1 per day
Selfhost ring - rest of developers - 3 per week
Fast ring - weekly
Microsoft- once validated by fast ring
slow ring - once validated by fast ring
Preview ring - once validated by slow ring
Public - released to public