DO YOU LIKE Windows?

Reaction score
I would like to know if there are others like myself that think Windows 10 is Microsoft 10 is the worst.

Reaction score
No I do not. I do think Windows XP was the best, then followed by Windows 7. Windows 10 is the future though, so no sense in avoiding it.

Reaction score
No I do not. I do think Windows XP was the best, then followed by Windows 7. Windows 10 is the future though, so no sense in avoiding it.
I hope this is not an example of the best to come. I have not used Apple but would like to find out more about Apple's systems before I buy a computer again.

Reaction score
I hope this is not an example of the best to come. I have not used Apple but would like to find out more about Apple's systems before I buy a computer again.
All i can say is if you go the Apple way you will be back to Windows.
Yes XP was a good system well it sould have been as it was the longest running os windows has had so just about all the bugs were sorted.
W 7 was good and many still like it but like it or not W 10 is here to stay.;)

Reaction score
What are some of your issues?
I have a lot of CNC equipment, but I use XP to run all of it. The only program I had on 10 to run a machine was to use a Carve Right machine. I lose the problem and have to reinstall the program each time. The program is limited to 2 computers.. I have other programs that I loose such as Word processors. I have about 10 to 12 programs I lose each time I have to restore.

Reaction score
All i can say is if you go the Apple way you will be back to Windows.
Yes XP was a good system well it sould have been as it was the longest running os windows has had so just about all the bugs were sorted.
W 7 was good and many still like it but like it or not W 10 is here to stay.;)
I run a lot of old CNC equipment with XP. Windows 10 wont run the equipment.

Reaction score
After looking up what CNC means. That is the number one complaint I have against automatic updates and the lack of being able to turn them off.

As for any problems you are having, I'm afraid I will be of little help. If it is driver problems you may need to contact the manufacturer for Windows 10 support. Other than that installing and running the application with full admin rights may help.

Reaction score
I have had W10, Insider since spring last year and production since last summer. I think that I prefer Windows 7 although I am sure as W10 matures it will be fine.

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying.
I run cctv cameras from XP as it needs active x which W10 doesent have but thats my only problem other than that i do like W10.;)

Reaction score
From what I can tell Windows 10 is a cloud based system and Windows XP is a computer operating system. In XP you can run with or without internet without problems and 10 needs internet. I just had a family member drive 3 hrs to my house cause his new laptop wouldn't do what XP does. What he was complaining about was downloading an audio DVD to MP3 player. With XP he put in disc and it automatically converted the files and downloaded. Windows 10 won't do it. After he got here I found out Windows Media Player was not set to convert automatically nor was disc set to eject so I changed setting now it worked the same. He spent hours as well as reset PC which didn't help. Most of programs he needed for other problems were in Store either free or pay but he didn't have a Microsoft account and refused to get one cause that meant someone would steal his name and ruin him. Talked to best friend who had Windows 8 for home and Windows 7 pro for his business. Hated windows 8 so he ordered all Windows 7 pro laptops for home and business. Never liked 8 so he told me he would not even try 10 cause to difficult. Asked him if he even seen Windows 10 up close and he stated No and don't intend to. People don't want 10 for these 2 common things that I have seen. Me personally I love all the ways 10 can be set to what you desire and programs are in a common place if you need called the Store as well as the way the cloud works.
1. They don't have internet and or only use for movies, music, or picture download.
2. Hated Windows 8.

Reaction score
Like Cliff, I had to google CNC as I had no idea what it was. But, perhaps if your equipment is running 100% on an older OS (XP) then leave it as such, but use another computer for your normal daily/domestic use. I agree with the majority in this thread. Nothing outstandingly wrong with Windows 10. I can see, however, that, with one exception, you have been dissatisfied with the OS, so, maybe in your case, it might be a good plane to remain with the last OS that did keep you happy.
Alternatively, as Cliff says in post #4, posts your issues and maybe some of the members can solve the problems for you (excepting, probably, CNC)
fwiw, Roddie, Windows 10 is not a cloud based system. It has a cloud function for backup and saving purposes, which is optional.
Your friend apparently had difficulty with many points, but, with respect, does appear to be quite an unorthodox user! For myself, family and acquaintances, the internet is one of the most commonly used items on this, or any previous OS.

hTconeM9user

Running Latest version Office insider 376
Reaction score
I use XP to operate CNC machines. They are not connected to the internet. I like XP the most of any of the systems that Microsoft has put out.. I have had too many problems with 10 than I could write about.
But you have written several different topics on your problem
All you have done is slag windows 10 off on this forum.
Your best bet is to post in the Microsoft forum its self
What you don't like about Windows 10 also it is here to stay so in time everyone will have to get used to it
I myself have windows 10 installed on over 30-40 laptops and desktops I look after and no one of them has given me any trouble,
My daughter who has them in her shops even runs her CCTV through 10 with no trouble
This forum is here to help other members with their windows 10 systems
You have not asked for help
In any your posts

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not really searching for help as I have tried Microsoft and most places. I would just like to express my displeasure with Windows 10

Gary, I've deleted your other threads along that were posted along similar lines - this isn't a place to vent frustration about Windows 10, but a place to get help. Instead, if you've got questions to ask then we can try to help.

Bif

Reaction score
Loved XP ( the tank of OSs )..love 7 and now love 10,it ain't perfect but nothing in life is.It does all I require from an OS..hasn't given much grief and like many said already..it's the way of the future and no sense fighting it.I'm assuming that it will only get better with time...but that hasn't always been MSs objective..we'll see..

Reaction score
Windows 10 (minus the privacy issues) is one of the best versions of Windows to date. And that's coming from someone who loathes Microsoft and Windows. Unfortunately, it's a necessary evil.

Reaction score
Like Cliff, I had to google CNC as I had no idea what it was. But, perhaps if your equipment is running 100% on an older OS (XP) then leave it as such, but use another computer for your normal daily/domestic use. I agree with the majority in this thread. Nothing outstandingly wrong with Windows 10. I can see, however, that, with one exception, you have been dissatisfied with the OS, so, maybe in your case, it might be a good plane to remain with the last OS that did keep you happy.
Alternatively, as Cliff says in post #4, posts your issues and maybe some of the members can solve the problems for you (excepting, probably, CNC)
fwiw, Roddie, Windows 10 is not a cloud based system. It has a cloud function for backup and saving purposes, which is optional.
Your friend apparently had difficulty with many points, but, with respect, does appear to be quite an unorthodox user! For myself, family and acquaintances, the internet is one of the most commonly used items on this, or any previous OS.
I have 3 different os systems that I use. I have XP, 7, and 10. I dislike 10 as it seems to be really limited and much harder to use as I want to use a computer. I also dislike that Microsoft keeps trying to update my 7 to 10.

Ask a Question