Docking Station Decision

Reaction score
Still undecided where to get my docking station from?..Seen them on ebay and ebuyer...ebuyer seems a tad more expensive..but
are ebays reliable.

Reaction score
I just want one that I can format my hard drive and transfer data to

Attachments

• IMG_1751.JPG2.JPG
    IMG_1751.JPG2.JPG
    978.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_17466002.JPG
    IMG_17466002.JPG
    852.4 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
I have this one:

and am very pleased with it. It also can clone drives without using a computer... has served me well so far..

Reaction score
Question is if you actually need a IDE port in there as well. These are sold on ebay.com as well (send out of China for $38.99). I personally hardly ever use my other docking station that has an IDE and a SATA port. Most of the time you can only access either one of them but not both. Since most drives nowadays are all SATA, it might be better to have two SATA ports instead of IDE/SATA.
The decision is yours though depending on YOUR needs.
Why is the price in British pounds and not in Euro. Does the UK has gotten back to their original currency?? Just curious...

Reaction score
Why are the sata docking stations "Dual"?...is it for laptop drives as well.
We stayed in this currency, probably because we had no intention of staying in the EU bloc lol

Reaction score
that one has a SATA and IDE port, maybe its called DUAL because of it. The one I mentioned earlier has only two SATA ports (for desktop and laptop drives).
The bigger question is if you need the IDE port (which can be used for desktop AND laptop drives).

We stayed in this currency, probably because we had no intention of staying in the EU bloc lol
maybe someone should tell Google :D

Reaction score
No I think they're both sata...thanks...google searches usually end up showing the shop or product you want from the USA, they think everyone lives there and showing the wrong currency on most searches.

Reaction score
I'm assuming that I can format my windows 7 hard drive in what I'm going to buy?.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm assuming that I can format my windows 7 hard drive in what I'm going to buy?.
Yes....I have the Wavlink Red docking station and it works as if I had my HDD/SSD mounted inside my PC. That's the beauty of these devices.....they are meant to use drives as if they are mounted internally in ones PC.

I have a half dozen 2.5" HDD's, a half dozen or so 3.5" HDD's and a few 2.5" SSDs.....no issue(s) with any drive being detected or accessed using that station.

Ask a Question