Document Icons look different

Reaction score
When I open my 'documents' list, the icon sitting next to the title has changed. I no longer see the yellow 'document' icon nor the standard 'pdf' icon. Instead, I see a lighter yellow background with a couple of blue arced arrows inside the box. How do I restore my icons to look like they did before?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    101.2 KB · Views: 193
Reaction score
Could they be OneDrive indications and it needs to update the content?
Since you mentioned 'One Drive' , I notice the folders under 'One Drive' all look good. Only those folders under 'PC' have this modified look.

Reaction score
Check my 'attachment' here in order to see my dilemma. I've never noticed this change of look of my document folders prior to today.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 149

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Usually OneDrive will just show a green check mark inside a green circle if they are sync'd as intended.
Yours look like the result of some Cloud Backup service like Carbonite or perhaps another such Cloud or perhaps even a local backup service, just letting you know that everything is OK.

Reaction score
If you are saying you see the arrows rather than the folder icon, you might open the file's properties and go to the Customize tab. On the bottom it shows what icon the file is using and shows options..

At the top it shows the path to the icon file being used. If you see a path to something other than %SystemRoot%\System32\SHELL32.dll it might give you a clue..

Reaction score
I'm totally uncertain of the cause for the change in appearance of my folders, but today things are back to normal. No arrows.

Reaction score
I suppose if it were a syncing symbol of some type that the process may have been completed..

Glad it is gone and caused no problems..

Ask a Question