Document imaging for windows 10?

BML

Reaction score
I would like to be able to scan paragraphs from a printed article and edit then with Word and believe that one used to be able to do this using "Document Imaging".
Is this possible and bearing in mind it used to be part of one of the Windows packages can it be obtained free?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi,

The Microsoft Office Document Imaging was discontinued when with Microsoft Office 2010. The last Office package to use this was Microsoft Office 2007.

However, if you would like to continue using that then follow the instructions here:

Alternatively, if you are ready for the new age of OCR scanning, then you have another option:
  • If you have Microsoft Office 365, then install OneNote
  • OneNote comes with its own OCR software which allows you to scan a document and save as a graphic. Then if you right-click that graphic you can select Copy text from picture then paste into Word document
Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Iris has a free trial and costs $99USD after that. Works well for me, compatible with W10 as well I am sure there are free OCR programs.

Ask a Question