Doing a clean install of Windows 10

Reaction score
I need/want to do a clean install of Windows 10, but hate having to go through all of the updates.
Is there any way to do a clean install of Windows 10 that includes all of the updates?

Thanks for any help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is there any way to do a clean install of Windows 10 that includes all of the updates?
None that I know of.
The most recent ISO available through Microsoft I believe, installs Version 1903 Build 18362.30
BUT
As Microsoft Updates are "cumulative" and the latest includes a roll-up of those that preceded it, you shouldn't have very many to install to bring you up to date with 18362.145
Following is the total list of my updates since a recent clean install of Windows 10 using the ISO available from Microsoft.

Capture.PNG

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Yeah, there's not many updates for 1903 yet, so now would probably be the best time. At least before update Tuesday.

Reaction score
Exactly. Wait until next Wednesday. Or do it now and just get last weeks update and a new one next Tuesday

Reaction score
I need/want to do a clean install of Windows 10, but hate having to go through all of the updates.

Thanks for any help.
Beside the install of Windows 10 there are usually not many updates to install.
First one usually is the Adobe flash player update,
second one Servicing stack update,
third one maybe the Intel microcode update,
and last but not least the most recent cumulative update (CU).

CU's usually get larger the longer a build runs but MS has reduced the size already (compared to earlier Versions). On my install media I usually have Windows (Install in 32&64bit) and all updates stored so I can do an offline install and be up-to-date after finishing.

The only updates that will always be downloaded are the ones for Windows defender and the MSRT (Malicious Software removal tool).

It is not like you have to download hundreds of updates as it was normal with previous versions up to and included Windows 8.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I can confirm to you that the MCT will install version 1903 with the current build. I just did this on my Dell laptop which was shipped with version 1607. I too thought I would have to go through installing all the updates, but the installation took care of the whole thing. The laptop booted into version 1903 build 18362.175 which is the latest build. I started the process went to bed. Continued the next morning. When I got home from work. it was all done.

Ask a Question