SOLVED Dongle

Reaction score
When Covid is over I intend to return to Cambodia with a new laptop, I will need internet and email when I arrive, I believe what I need is called a dongle? If I purchase one in Australia can it be used in Cambodia and also can I top it up over there?
Thanks David

Reaction score
Hi David,

a laptop will have a WiFi device built in, you won't need a Dongle unless the WiFi device is broken. What you will need is either an Internet Service Provider (ISP) or a free WiFi connection from a free WiFi spot or a friend/relative!. :cool:

Reaction score
That is correct in that way, however there are other ways to go online. One DOES require a dongle to be able to connect to LTE. This is depending on the cellphone provider(s) in Cambodia.

Reaction score
Hi David,

a laptop will have a WiFi device built in, you won't need a Dongle unless the WiFi device is broken. What you will need is either an Internet Service Provider (ISP) or a free WiFi connection from a free WiFi spot or a friend/relative!. :cool:
Thanks

Reaction score
Modern cell phones that can do LTE/5G/4G usually also have a wifi hotspot built in which works quite well. At least my Iphone XR does. If there is cell service saves having a dongle.

Ask a Question