Doom 3 and Quake 4 not working now! Please help!

Reaction score
Good afternoon need help with 2 of my games. Doom 3 and Quake 4. Both of them worked with windows 8.1 pro 64 bit. I recently did the upgrade like lots of other people! Now neither games work. I have re-installed them twice, tried to run both in windows XP mode, Windows 7 mode and Windows 8. I cant even get into the start menus! Please help. Will there be a fix? I like windows 10 and don't want to go back to 8.1:mad::eek::(

Thanks,

Simon

Reaction score
You'll have to rely on the game manufactures for a fix, probably. The games are quite old, and I don't know if devs even support them anymore. What's it doing? Error messages? Have you tried updated video drivers (not the ones Windows installs for you)? Have you tried different Doom 3 and Quake 4 forums? If you have these games on steam, try their forums.

Reaction score
You'll have to rely on the game manufactures for a fix, probably. The games are quite old, and I don't know if devs even support them anymore. What's it doing? Error messages? Have you tried updated video drivers (not the ones Windows installs for you)? Have you tried different Doom 3 and Quake 4 forums? If you have these games on steam, try their forums.
I tried doing that, I also went to the Microsoft games compatibility site, and they say Doom 3 should work! So I am at a loss at the moment!

Ask a Question