Downgrading to Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition

Reaction score
Hello,
I have an existing laptop which I wanted to refresh. The restore of the laptop wasn't working well so I thought of doing a fresh installation of Windows. However, the Windows that got installed is Windows 10 Pro. The laptop came with a licensed digital key for Windows 10 Hoe Single Language. How do I now move back to Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition? I have seen a few posts which say that I need to create an IOS media file and then download it on a CD or USB and then reboot from the media to do an installation. I am, however, unable to find a clear link from where I can download this media. I Will appreciate help on the topic.
Thanks,
Waqar

Reaction score
The media Creation Tool is available here:

you can download the tool and create either an ISO that can be burned onto a DVD or you can create a Flash drive directly (you will be asked in the process), just choose you flavor of 32bit or 64bit (or both). When creating a Flash drive and using only one flavor, a 8GB drive will be sufficient as the medium will not be bigger than 5-6GB.

The ISO usually contains ALL EDITIONS of Windows 10, including the SINGLE LANGUAGE HOME EDITION. I do not know where you got your PRO install from but the MCT is the way to go.

You will be able to find several Posts with Information in that regard here in the Forum..

Reaction score
Hi Waqar,

if you want a different language, scroll all the way down to the bottom left on the page linked by @Grizzly above and change the language of the download page!. :)

See the following which has detailed info about using the Media Creation Tool. :cool:

Reaction score
" f you want a different language, scroll all the way down to the bottom left on the page linked by @Grizzly above and change the language of the download page!. "

A good find! It also applies to any Microsft page, if you need to follow the contents in your own language.

Ask a Question