Download went to black screen with swirling white circle,

Reaction score
My desktop started an automatic download and during the process went to a black screen with the swirling circle of dots. It's been sitting here like this for well over 24 hours now. I've tried things they said to get into the of but no avail. I tried cont. alt. Delete and it doesn't respond. I tried a hard shutdown and restarted it only to have it come up to the same screen. I cannot get safe mode to start by hitting f4 either......

I just tried a hard shutdown again and now have the same black screen only now it's saying "restoring your previous version of windows". So I'll see if this does anything!!!

Reaction score
Well that was quick, went through the prompts like it was going to do something and now it's on a black screen with the same circle but it has the blue windows icon in the top middle of the screen.

Reaction score
It went back to last set up and I'm in......
Now my question is do I leave the update alone in the future or what am I going to have to do to prevent this from happening again??

Ask a Question