Downloaded files all download as "tiff" files.

Reaction score
Every file (including applications) download a tiff files. Some are applications, some are pdfs, etc. How can I fix this in Windows 10?

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What is the source of these downloads.
A specific reference including a source link might be helpful.

What are you using to download these files? A third party download manager?

Reaction score
The last thing was a manual for a Canon printer (should be a PDF and I have Adobe). This problem just started recently. It is everything and, no, I'm not using a third party download manager - just downloading direct to my computer from Canon site and same with some others.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Next time you download a file, use the Save As option and direct it to a New Folder somewhere else on your drive or partition, preferably and external resource USB Thumb Drive or external USB Drive.
See if that makes any difference.
Also....
Can you successfully edit the file extension and convert the PDF file back to a .pdf instead of a .tiff?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Same thing in all browsers??
Try Chrome or Firefox or IE or EDGE?
Are they all doing the same thing?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It might be worth the effort to install one, just to test to see if your "Save As" options in one or both of those are restricted too.
When you create a local file, a new text document for instance using notepad or wordpad or another file format using another installed program.
Are your "Save as" restrictions also present.
Say in "Paint".... can you create a new file and save it as a .bmp or .jpg?

Reaction score
Open the .tiff file then use the native file manager "Save as" chose your appropriate and file extension.

Reaction score
Since the downloaded file is not actually a tiff file, it will not open; and, if I right click and try "open with", I don't get correct options.

Reaction score
Now I'm confused. Your OP said "Every file (including applications) download a tiff files. Some are applications, some are pdfs, etc. How can I fix this in Windows 10?

Reaction score
They download as tiff files; but, since they are really not tiff files, they won't open.

Ask a Question