Downloaded Win 10. Since then can't use Firefox or IE11.

Reaction score
I downloaded Windows 10 yesterday. Now when I type anything in my search bar either in Firefox or IE11 nothing happens. Also, nothing happens when I click on one of my favorites in IE or Firefox. This makes it impossible to use either Firefox or IE. I downloaded Firefox again but this did not help. I can go to the menu bar and click on something there but until I can use the search bar I cannot use the browser. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
All you have to do is to change the browser default My fire fox works with no problem. By default the default browser is EDGE just click on settings than click on change defaults.

Reaction score
I did change my default browser to Firefox but that did not help. On the advice of another forum user yesterday I went into Internet Options, Advanced, and reset advanced settings then checked all the boxes. This took care of the same problem I was having with IE but not Firefox. I now have my IE up and running but what is wrong with Firefox is a total mystery to me. I did download Firefox again but that did not help either. I am now going to delete Firefox and then download it again and see what happens. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. If deleting Firefox then redownloading it works I will let you know. Thanks again.

Reaction score
I used Revo Uninstaller to delete Firefox. There were a lot of files left over after Firefox did their uninstall so I had Revo Uninstaller delete everything, and that worked. I now have my Firefox back. Thanks very much for all your help.

Ask a Question