Downloading photos from mobile and digital camera

Reaction score
Since upgrading to Windows 10 I have been unable to download photos from my mobile (not a smartphone just a Nokia with keypad) and my Sony camera. I always use one of the USB slots on my PC or a dongle on my desk which is attached to the PC and I keep getting a message saying it doesn't recognise the source. I am completely at a loss as to what to do next.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally it is pretty straight forward, just plug in your USB attached device and you should be able to Open / View contents, but.....

On occasion, sometimes you need to install a proprietary software package that supports your external hardware.
Does either your Nokia or Sony device have such a piece of third party software for this?
It's possible that if they do then perhaps the older version of said software may not be compatible with Windows 10 or simply needs to be re-installed in compatibility mode for your device(s) to work.

Maybe some specifics regarding the exact Model Name and Model Number and any other identifying information, might be helpful, in the event that someone else has experienced something similar.

Reaction score
Generally it is pretty straight forward, just plug in your USB attached device and you should be able to Open / View contents, but.....

On occasion, sometimes you need to install a proprietary software package that supports your external hardware.
Does either your Nokia or Sony device have such a piece of third party software for this?
It's possible that if they do then perhaps the older version of said software may not be compatible with Windows 10 or simply needs to be re-installed in compatibility mode for your device(s) to work.

Maybe some specifics regarding the exact Model Name and Model Number and any other identifying information, might be helpful, in the event that someone else has experienced something similar.

Reaction score
Thank you for your assistance Trouble, in the last hour I have gone back to Windows 7 through sheer frustration as my inbox had changed into Outlook Mail, my Hotmail account had disappeared and I decided enough is enough. So although I'm sad to leave (there were some good games on Windows 10) I value my sanity more.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have gone back to Windows 7 through sheer frustration and I decided enough is enough. I value my sanity more.
Good for you, and.....
I hope everything returns as expected after the rollback. I've heard some incredible disaster stories related to that feature / function.
I suspect, you're in "good" and "plentiful" company.

Ask a Question