Downloading pics from camera to laptop with Windows 10

Reaction score
I am new to Windows 10...I have been trying to download pictures from my Olympus camera to my laptop but, with no avail, what to do?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Had a similar question yesterday regarding a Sony Camera.
Questions.....
When you connect your camera do you hear a USB connected device sound?
When you open file explorer, do you see a new drive (one that isn't there without your camera connected)?
If you open Disk Management, do you see an extra drive?
Does your Olympus Camera, require any proprietary software that perhaps didn't survive the upgrade?

Normally, a USB connected device will simply appear as such in file explorer and it is usually just a matter of dragging and dropping the images from your camera to where ever you want to store them on your computer.
When I connect my Nikon D3200 to my computer and switch it on, I get the "Tap or Click to choose" prompt, which I typically ignore and use File Explorer to do what I want.

You might want to try rebooting your computer with your camera attached and turned on.
AND
Check device manager and see if their or any "Other" or problem devices reported.

Reaction score
For information I have had no problems at all with Canon A2100 and associated software It all works as it did in 7, 8, and 8.1.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the input bari.
No problems with my Nikon D3200 either, but apparently there are some issues with other cameras and of course no way of duplicating them, so we just have to start with some basics.

Reaction score
Using the manufacturer-supplied software, I have a Canon EOS 40D, Rebel T3i and Rebel T5 that all upload pictures without a problem. I know that based on past messages, some folks might be thinking that Win10 might upload photos automatically, and I'm pretty sure it won't do that. I may be wrong in thinking that though.

Ask a Question