SOLVED Dude, Where's My Wi-Fi?

Reaction score
As I was getting ready for a trip I was "ejecting" external hard drives and by mistake I also "ejected" the belkin N450 wi-fi usb adapter. Restarted, it had become untraceable (connection was gone). Reinstalled it from stratch, restarted, nothing. Plugged ethernet, then unplugged, restarted, nothing. The "Wi-fi" icon is gone. The reinstallation of the adapter went without a hitch though. How can I get Windows 10 to see it again? Thanks in advance for your help.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Unfortunately "Belkin" wireless adapters use a couple different chipsets (Realtek and Qualcom / Atheros)
I would suggest first
Connect the wired Ethernet adapter and make sure you can access the internet.
Then go into device manager, expand network adapters and right click the problem wireless adapter and choose "Update driver software" and see if that helps.

If you right click the wireless adapter and choose properties, select the details tab and change the drop down to HardwareIDs
Right click the first line in the Value Box and choose copy.... then paste that information into your next post, it's possible that someone may have additional specific information regarding that particular adapter.

Ask a Question