DVD burning

Reaction score
I have an mp3 disc player in my vehicle which will work with DVDs recorded as mp3s.
I have up to now never had a problem burning dvds on my Lenovo ideapad P400 touch using windows explorer in Windows 8.
I opened the folder I wanted to burn, & burned the disc right from the folder, indicating I wanted it to burn as a music DVD.
Now, after upgrading to 10, I get to the finish the burn button, but after clicking on it, it's opening up windows media player & wanting to burn it in there, which is new.
It doesn't allow for a music DVD, only CD, so I only have the option to burn as a data DVD.
This wouldn't be a problem except it is not recognizing that I have my mp3s in folders separating it by artists.
I have tried it several different times with no real success.
It puts in just 2 folders, one labeled correctly, the other showing unknown, & the rest of the folders don't show. It only shows the songs in there by name.
I've downloaded a couple different free burning programs but none of them are working like I want them too. They all show the music on the DVD on my computer, but when put in the player, it's a mess.
One just ignores all the folders & jumbles all the music together placing them in number order, all the 1s, all the 2s, etc.
Another shows just the music outside of the folders.
The third the player won't read at all.
This is driving me crazy!
How can I fix this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've tried this so many times, & I get a different result every time I try again.
I would like to get it to burn like it used to & correctly, in Windows Explorer.

Ask a Question