SOLVED DVD/CD player disconnected

Reaction score
Hi guys I have been working with Old Guy Geek about my DVD player that won't play. on windows 10. I would like to thank him for all his help, With OGG's help, and after installing the VLC media player I have narrowed the problem down, by checking in the 'device manager'. that tells me that my hardware device (DVD player) is disconnected from my PC (code 45) and to now re-connect it!! the problem now is I don't know how.- any ideas??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and in the Command Prompt window type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
restart your computer.

Reaction score
Right click the start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) and in the Command Prompt window type
reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001
hit enter
type
exit
hit enter
restart your computer.

Reaction score
Thanks 'Trouble' problem solved!!! I copied and pasted your instructions and away it went :)
How do you guys know these things??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad it worked.
How do you guys know these things??
As for me...... I had the identical problem, when I upgraded my wife's computer to Windows 10, that was very early on in its' availability and as a consequence there wasn't a lot of info available, so.....
After hours of searching, I came upon this particular solution. I tried it and it worked so now I pass it along.
I wish I had made note of the original source so I could attribute it properly but unfortunately I did not.

Ask a Question